20 January 2012

this has been making it's rounds...

...so I'm sure a bunch of y'all have already seen it. But it's a video that was put on youtube 10 days ago and got a huge response from a ton of people. It's a guy telling us why he hates religion, but loves Jesus. It's a really cool video...

...but I don't really agree with all of it.

So then there's this really awesome blog I love to read, written by this college student, Marc, who lived here and went to the church we go to until he went to Franciscan University. And he wrote a great response to this video, from a Catholic's perspective (go and read it, esp. if you're Catholic!)

And Marc found this video response to the above video. So if you don't feel like reading that entire, long post...then here's what I believe in a nutshell...

4 comments:

Näna said...

I have seen this video around also...extremely thought provoking...though, have to say, I disagree with you on this one...but you probably already guessed that :)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this Vivi!!!

Mrs. Coulter

Emily said...

Yikes. My Sunday School teacher actually talked about this on Sunday... Like you, I don't agree with it at all.

Christ set doctrines in the Church for a reason. It's like someone telling you NOT to touch the stove for years and then thinking, "Well, how do they really know? What's so special about them?" And then slamming your hand down on it and realizing, "Ohhh... this was from experience, this wasn't something they made up!" So, without religion, we wouldn't have the doctrines that Christ set up, and without the doctrines, we would constantly be touching this "hot stove" of heresy and Satan's word... not God's.

Marina said...

prayin' for Mr. I-Hate-Religion...